We Buy Houses FAQ

You can review all the FAQs applicable to you selling your house to us below....


Q: How do I get DCANS Properties to make me an offer?

A: Fill out the home seller form below and We will contact you.


Q: Are there any fees or costs associated with selling my house?

A: No! DCANS Properties will make you an offer without real estate agent fees or commissions.


Q: I need to sell my house fast. How long might it take for me to get an offer to sell my house?

A: Every situation is unique, but it's not uncommon to get a cash offer in as little as 3-7 days.


Q: What if my house needs repairs?

A: We buy homes as-is, there are no need to make repairs.


Q: How long does it take to close?

A: It depends on your situation, but typically we can close within 7 to 30 days.


Q: I'm behind in my mortgage loan. Do I need to make another payment?

A: No. We regularly purchase homes that are behind in payments, facing foreclosure, or underwater.


Q: I'm in foreclosure. Are you still interested?

A: Yes, as long as the foreclosure has not been finalized (the bank/lender owns it) we can still make an offer to buy it.


Q: If you buy my house before the bank forecloses, can I save my credit?

A: Selling your home before final foreclosure will prevent a "foreclosure" from appearing on your credit report and generally is better for your credit.


Q: Can you buy my house if it's vacant?

A: Yes, the home can be in any condition and it does not matter if you occupy it, have a renter in the home, or if it is vacant.


Q: Can you buy my house if I have a bad tenant in there now?

A: Yes. We are experienced dealing with bad or problem tenants.


Q: My house is presently listed for sale with a real estate agent. Can you still buy my house?

A: Yes. You'll likely still need to pay your agent's commission, but we can still purchase your home.


Q: If I have moved out of the area do I have to come back into town for a closing?

A: No, you can complete your end of the closing locally at most lawyer's offices and your cheque can be mailed or deposited directly into your account.


Q: I owe more than my house is worth. Can you help me?

A: Yes. Unfortunately, this is common and we can work with you and your bank through a process called a "short sale" to buy your home